Highlighted

Albums disappeared - Lost Photos and Metadata

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Akash Sharma

Yesterday I opened Lightroom as I usually do and found several albums MISSING. WTF? I have the photos stored locally but all the metadata is gone as well. Just spent a month adding metadata to each photo and it is all gone, probably 160+ hours of work gone. All I get from Adobe is sorry, not sorry. I had even paid to increase my storage, yet what did they store?

I really need the metadata and I do not understand how Adobe has absolutely no version history or any way to retrieve the data. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS ANYWAY TO FIND METADATA IN A DATABASE SOMEWHERE? I had no idea that using Lightroom in the Cloud was so unstable. Apparently, albums disappear quite often. So Warning to anyone using Lightroom in the Cloud if you do not have the classic open at all times or sync constantly you will lose your data. Where does Adobe tell you this? ANY HELP APPRECIATED.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Albums disappeared - Lost Photos and Metadata

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Akash Sharma

Yesterday I opened Lightroom as I usually do and found several albums MISSING. WTF? I have the photos stored locally but all the metadata is gone as well. Just spent a month adding metadata to each photo and it is all gone, probably 160+ hours of work gone. All I get from Adobe is sorry, not sorry. I had even paid to increase my storage, yet what did they store?

I really need the metadata and I do not understand how Adobe has absolutely no version history or any way to retrieve the data. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS ANYWAY TO FIND METADATA IN A DATABASE SOMEWHERE? I had no idea that using Lightroom in the Cloud was so unstable. Apparently, albums disappear quite often. So Warning to anyone using Lightroom in the Cloud if you do not have the classic open at all times or sync constantly you will lose your data. Where does Adobe tell you this? ANY HELP APPRECIATED.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked your account at lightroom.adobe.com? What do you see there?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything was gone except for one or two photos. Now whatever synced back up from desktop version is there but all the work for the past month which was only in the cloud has vanished. I have copies of the missing photos, but the metadata that was added over the past month was only in the cloud and that seems to not be recoverable which I can't understand. Every day I had been working in the cloud adding metadata for the most part and then on Wednesday morning I go to my libraries in the cloud and everything is gone.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like you have two different Creative Cloud accounts, and you logged out of your original one and into a different one. Is that possible? It would explain what you are experiencing. I’ve never heard of images disappearing from the cloud.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve been using Lightroom CC since release and haven‘t had anything disappear, but I don‘t sync Classic to the Cloud.

Could it be that a different Catalog in Classic has been synced to the Cloud? (Only one Catalog can be synced).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Theresa,

Thanks for the reply. I only have one account.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version are you using to check for the contents? Have you checked your account at lightroom.adobe.com?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have checked my account at lightroom.adobe.com, when I go there it automatically takes me to /libraries. I am not sure how to tell what version I am using, but it is not the latest release that just came out which was the same day everything disappeared.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

avap9064852  wrote

So Warning to anyone using Lightroom in the Cloud if you do not have the classic open at all times o...

Can you clarify which application you used to apply the metadata? If Lightroom Classic (as above quote implies) then you'll not be happy to learn that it does not sync metadata to the cloud.

Also, important to note that any keywords applied in Lightroom CC (desktop version) or mobile applications will not be synced to Lightroom Classic. In short, Lightroom Classic is not cloud wholly integrated with the cloud and CC applications when it comes to metadata.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I added all the metadata to Lightroom Cloud and it was not yet synced with Classic.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The metadata was added to Lightroom Cloud.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi avap9064852,

We're sorry about the frustrated experience with Lightroom desktop. I've sent you a private message, please check.

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines