• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Albums not syncing properly

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and good day all! I recently paid for 1TB for Lightroom and PS subscription.

I am an amateur photographer recently getting paid to do work and I have been using Lightroom to edit my photos and share them with clients. 

Yesterday, I had a shared album with a client and he selected a bunch of photos he wanted me to edit. 

I started editing and deleting the photos he doesn't need on my ipad, and the albums are not syncing over my pc, phone and ipad. 

The work done on the ipad shows 22 photos in the album, but when I go to my pc to work on my monitor instead, it shows 50 photos in the album. 

Why?!?

I thought they were supposed to sync? Now I m confused and don't know which photos belong in the album or not. 

How can I fix this?!?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the sync status showing on the iPad (tap on the cloud icon top right)?

Have you checked the album status using the LrWeb interface (login to lightroom.abobe.com), does that show the same as the iPad or the PC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

upload on the ipad says 5 pending, since yesterday

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pc says syncing 15 photos, since yesterday...wth 

I apy a lot of money for this and I find this very irritating...

How am I suppposed to work like this?!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check lightroom.adobe.com as I requested? The issue is trying to determine where syncing is "stuck", and lightroom.adobe.com (aka LrWeb) will give you a view of what's currently in your cloud account, which you can compare with the iPad. Assuming that LrWeb and iPad disagree, what have you tried on the iPad to get sync working again? Have you tried to force quit the app and restart it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I just checked my pc and ipad, they in fact disagree...I have
attempted to force quit the ipad, but nothing changes. I even turned it
off. It still says 20

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, just confirm on the PC that it was viewing LrWeb through your browser, yes? If so, was there a "Sync Errors" collection listed (if there, it would be shown below All Photos in the left-hand column)? Also check the "Deleted" collection (also below All Photos) to see if there's any syncing activity showing there....if there is that may be the thing that caused the syncing issues, and the best way to fix that would be to permanently delete the deleted items that are still trying to sync.

If there's not a Sync Errors collection showing, or anything in Deleted that's causing the stuck syncing, I think you probably need to report the issue at the official Adobe site: https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/lightroom-mobile/5f5f2093785c1f1e6cc40875

You should get more attention from the engineers over there, as they may need to dig into your online account to see if they can figure out what the issue is. Normally I'd advise deleting and reinstalling the iPad app, but if I understand things you've got changes stuck in the iPad which haven't yet synced to the cloud, and you'd lose those if you delete and reinstall.....so best to let Adobe look at the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you very much for your assistance. I did uninstall and
reinstall...all my work is gone.

This is definitely NOT how I expected the “best software” in the world to
be, especially to start with.

What a disgrace and loss of time, work and energy.

Ill be looking elsewhere as soon as possible.

I can’t be dealing with this utter nonsense straight away.

What a joke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines