Highlighted

All Catalogue Metadata has Disappeared

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I loaded up Lightroom today and a strange message cam up saying something likethe catalogue was invalid and did I want to open from my standard location or create a default (I unfortunately can't remember the exact wording). Now when I click open catalogue it shows nothing (literally) in terms of metadata. It links to a catalogue and promts me to import all photos and then once imported there is not metadata. Does anyone know what has happened and how I can get all theediting data back? I have it all backed up on a separate portable hard drive but am loathes to touch that until I know what the problem is.

All help much appreciated.

Simon

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

All Catalogue Metadata has Disappeared

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I loaded up Lightroom today and a strange message cam up saying something likethe catalogue was invalid and did I want to open from my standard location or create a default (I unfortunately can't remember the exact wording). Now when I click open catalogue it shows nothing (literally) in terms of metadata. It links to a catalogue and promts me to import all photos and then once imported there is not metadata. Does anyone know what has happened and how I can get all theediting data back? I have it all backed up on a separate portable hard drive but am loathes to touch that until I know what the problem is.

All help much appreciated.

Simon

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like Lightroom created a brand new (and so empty) catalog, because the main catalog was corrupted. Did you make catalog backups (not backups of the images)? If so, take the latest backup, unzip it (catalog backups are zipped), replace the main catalog by this backup and then double-click it to launch Lightroom with this catalog. Everything should now be back in its place.

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines