Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All data disappeared (Lightroom)

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys. I’m screaming here for help.

I was using your app (Lightroom) for couple of years, edited thousands of pictures, created hundreds of presets. I really enjoyed using it, but… I entered Lightroom this morning (Aug 18th) and suddenly noticed that all my data, photos, presets are gone. It’s all empty. All that important stuff just disappeared and I’m kinda devastated about it.

Could you tell me why it happened? And explain how to restore data, if it’s possible.

Could you also tell me how to avoid situations like this in the future. Because I’m kinda afraid right now, that I could use something important in Lightroom again.

I would be grateful in any kind of help.

Thanks in advance.

——

Technical info: I’m using Iphone Xs max

App version: Lightroom 5.4.0

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just happened to me today as well. Tons of photos gone and one of my presets I paid for a year ago that I use everyday is just gone. I've tried everything. Please help someone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Are you using Lightroom CC or Lightroom mobile? 

Ive come to edit one of my recent uploads and found that my photos from the last shoot have also vanished from Lightroom on my iPad. They're not even in the deleted folder either.  I wonder if something in the latest Lightroom update caused this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the same situation here. I am overwhelmed with frustration. Thousand of photos and other data lost. With no explanation or warning. From what I'm reading and observing, it has to do with the the software update. Adobe is a software company... For them to have something like this happen is completely unacceptable. I expect them to fix their problem, or at least explain why and how they screwed up this bad..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for me! I don't know what to do and I am so anxious to see that nothing is there anymore 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here! I'm extremely worried and devastated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has happened to me today too 😭

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This actually happened to me yesterday as well, at about 9pm CST suddenly all of my photos cleared right out of my Adobe LR Album on mobile, iPhone XS Max, 13.6.1. I had used it all day with no problems at all then suddenly at around 9pm this happened, all photos and presets gone (only the photo I was working on remained somehow). SO beyond frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same happened to me today! Wtf! I checked my old iPhone where I didn't updated Lightroom, everything there but on my new iPhone everything gone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything is gone in mine too, I'm devastated. Photos, presets.... I'm unsubscribed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here in Taiwan!!!! All presets are gone after the update. Adobe please help to solve this!!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES same problem after yesterday's update !! I tried contacting support but no luck. All my photos for the last 5 years gone... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello all,

There is some issue with the latest update, the engineering staff are aware and working on a solution. Please follow the link and add a "me too"

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lost-my-pictures-and-presets-after-update-tod...

Why go there? Here we are all customers like you and on the other site Adobe Staff monitor and contribute.

Don't uninstall and let's hope it is resolved promptly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines