• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All edit controls greyed out and unusable

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All options for editing my photos (Edit, Crop & Rotate, etc.) are unusable. Example below:

Example.png

I am running Windows 10. Using the same account as on my PC, Lightroom on my iMac has no issues. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Not quite sure what to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does the sync status say (click on the cloud icon top right). Also check the Help menu to make sure Lightroom is not waiting for you to sign in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sync status is 'Synced and Backed Up' and I am signed in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any clues from the sync status of the individual image? Select the image and open the Info panel, down near the bottom of the panel will be the sync status of that image (tells you what file type is in the cloud and locally). If that all looks normal (i.e. you have at least a smart preview locally), it might be worth signing out from the Creative Cloud app and then back in again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Signing out then back in had no effect. However, I have now realised the problem only seems to affect HEIC files. I tried importing a JPG which worked fine. Lightroom supports HEIC and the HEIF Image Extensions utility is installed on my PC so I don't see why I would have any problems with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Strange....I just tested a HEIC image in Lightroom on my Win10 system, and there was no problem. I don't think I've ever knowingly installed any specific Windows extensions for HEIF on that system, so I'm at a bit of a loss as to why it's not working on your system. Unless someone else has a suggestion, it might be a good idea to post the details of the problem on the official Adobe feedback site where you are more likely to get the attention on an Adobe engineer: https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/lightroom-desktop-cloudbased/5f5f2093785c1f1e6cc40874

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi , if someone wanna get access to awesome Japaese clothes He can visit the Harajuku fashion store here because editors like Adobe and light room are only usable if your clothes are good enough to be edited . You can get it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines