Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

all RAW files disappear when starting import

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,
This is what drives people mad with Lightroom: I have highlighted all RAW files from  a specific folder on my hard drive and flagged them in Lightroom, pressed Import and hey presto they all disapear!
I've now lost all my raw files from today - where are they please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right,
I've just foud them. Lightroom has created a new folder (named today's date) which it's tagged on to a folder from last week.
Why does it do this (it's not the first time)? No wonder people are leaving Adobe for other software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a public forum with "some" Adobe staff participation, use the links below to make a report or request
-for Video & Audio & Animator programs https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/
-https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It sounds like you are using Lightroom Classic, not Lightroom. Lightroom Classic can copy or move images on import, and clearly that is what happened. The images were moved to another folder. That is a choice that you made (at the top of the import dialog) when you imported the photos. Lightroom just did what you told it to do.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines