• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

An error occurred when attempting to change modules: Lightroom on Mac Mini M1

Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a new Mac Mini M1, and I am getting the "an error occurred when attempting to change modules" error. There are two recommended approaches to fix this and neither work: 1) delete plist file and restart. Why it doesn't work: The instructions for locating the plist file are for Lightroom Classic, not CC. I cannot locate the plist file for Lightroom CC. 2) Uninstall Lightroom in Creative Cloud and reinstall. Why it doesn't work: The option to uninstall is not there for Lightroom. 

Suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Thank you for your prompt reply Akash. Actually I realized I was still running Intel version....when I updated to Universal version for Apple Silicon the problem resolved itself.

Thanks again, 

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that you're getting an error "an error occurred when attempting to change modules" while loading Lightroom on your new Mac Mini M1.

Would you mind sharing the version of Lightroom you are using? Since you cannot launch the app, provide a screenshot of the app in the Creative Cloud Desktop app or post a screen grab of the above error message.

This error message only shows up while using Lightroom Classic. More details and solution to fix this issue is mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/error-changing-modules-lightroom.html 

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your prompt reply Akash. Actually I realized I was still running Intel version....when I updated to Universal version for Apple Silicon the problem resolved itself.

Thanks again, 

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the update John. 

Glad to know you figured it and evertything is working fine now. 🙂 

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines