• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ancient Computer w/ LR5 catalog. Move to NEW computer with new Lightroom Classic subscription

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello: The time has come to upgrade my win7 desktop which runs my standalone copy of LR 5.6. I'd like to move the LR catalog to the new desktop so that those images are loaded into the new LR Classic.

I know the standard way to prep an old catalog for the new version is to install a trial and convert it. Not possible here... my old desktop doesn't have the required system specs.

Do I move the existing catalog to the new machine and then convert it? Any gotchas that I need to be aware of?

Thanks in advance for your help. Looking forward to all the LR improvements and upgrades that have occured since v5.6!

{Thread renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically, Copy the existing Catalog files, AND your photo files (preferably keeping the exact folder and naming structure). Then 'Open' the Catalog on the new computer. Classic will want to upgrade a copy of your Lr5 catalog, then you are 'good to go' with the new updated '-2' Catalog.

You will need to copy some other files also- Presets, etc.

For details on 'Moving'-

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

As you're looking to upgrade the computer and move Lightroom catalog too, please havea look at this guide and let us know if it helps: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines