• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Another Moving Photos from CC to Classic Question!

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically I am doing the upload to CC from an iPad on a trip and then drag and drop onto a harddrive in Classic strategy. I did this on my Bali trip and everything was fine...

Until yesterday, when I went into Classic, found the CC collection, and deleted it because I’d already dragged the photos into my external harddrive catalogue. 

I know the edits are linked between the classic files and the CC collection they come from, but it erased all of my pictures from the trip from both the cloud and my harddrive. I was able to recover some of them using software but the photos are just plain gone.

WHY DID THIS HAPPEN?! Any ideas? What am I doing wrong? Obviously the first time this has happened and I will be backing up thoroughly and double checking my file structures before deleting ANYTHING.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dragging and dropping into Classic is wrong. If you have sync activated in Classic the originals imported via the iPad will be downloaded automatically from the cloud into your nominated folder(s) in Classic. You can set an external hard drive or choose dated sub-folders if preferred. In Classic go to:

Preferences >> Lightroom Sync (tab)

Use the Location/Choose button to make the setup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for the reply! So the files go into a collection called From Lightroom. If I use a dated file structure in my hard drive, where do you recommend I put the files? I will need to re-sort each time...do I have to go to finder and drag and drop here? Can I not drag and drop anything within LR Classic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You don't have to use folders based on date taken. You could create a single folder in Pictures. And yes you can drag & drop within the Lightroom Library Grid. Never do that in Finder. Or even create a new folder for each trip and nominate that named folder in Classic preferences before starting sync. You can pause & start sync from the identity plate (top-left) in the Classic Library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines