Highlighted

Apple Photos Migration- edits & keywords

Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the migration to Lightroom CC, which photo will I see, the one edited in Apple Photos or the original?

Will my keywords be migrated overt?

To answer my own questions, I just did the migration.

1- The keywords DID come over.

2- The photo that I see in LR CC is the edited version from Apple Photos.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Apple Photos Migration- edits & keywords

Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the migration to Lightroom CC, which photo will I see, the one edited in Apple Photos or the original?

Will my keywords be migrated overt?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 11, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JustinPKaplan,

Please check this and see if it helps:

Migrate photos and videos from Apple Photos to Lightroom CC

Regards,
Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 11, 2019 1
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 11, 2019 0
New Here ,
May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Justin.

About your second point "The photo that I see in LR CC is the edited version from Apple Photos". Really? Did you get the cropping, rotating, light adjustments etc successfully migrated over from Apple Photos to LR CC? How did you perform the migration? Using the built-in "Migrate from Apple Photo Library" function (i.e. via the menu under 'File')? I did the migration  using that function and unfortunately only got the originals migrated, not the edited version... Hence I am interested in your confirmation, before retrying the migration process. Thanks

Remark: I am talking about JPG files, not RAW. I know RAW edits are not carried over.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 04, 2020 0
gguilli LATEST
New Here ,
May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sahil,

I also read that page you shared from Adobe. It describes quite some particular cases (busts, live photos etc...). Unfortunately it says nothing about the most common case: Edits to regular photos. Would be nice if Adobe could augment that webpage with a clear statement about it. Do you know the answer? Thanks

Georges

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 04, 2020 0