Highlighted

Apple Photos to Lightroom CC migration: Album structure

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, sorry if this has been discussed already but...

I have just migrated my Apple Photos library to Lightroom CC and my entire library has been dumped in a 'Migrated Photo Libraries' Album with multiple levels (Albums>Migrated Photo Libraries>Photos>Albums) before I actually get to my Albums. What I want is for all of my Albums to be at the highest folder level (i.e Albums>[Album title]).

Seems illogical to me to organise the way Lightroom CC has defaulted to...

Is there a quick and easy fix for this or do I have to manually add albums for all 200 albums I have, risking losing metadata etc...

TIA,

Paul

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Apple Photos to Lightroom CC migration: Album structure

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, sorry if this has been discussed already but...

I have just migrated my Apple Photos library to Lightroom CC and my entire library has been dumped in a 'Migrated Photo Libraries' Album with multiple levels (Albums>Migrated Photo Libraries>Photos>Albums) before I actually get to my Albums. What I want is for all of my Albums to be at the highest folder level (i.e Albums>[Album title]).

Seems illogical to me to organise the way Lightroom CC has defaulted to...

Is there a quick and easy fix for this or do I have to manually add albums for all 200 albums I have, risking losing metadata etc...

TIA,

Paul

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 03, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

Could you please take a look at this discussion Lightroom CC: Import maintaining folder structure | Photoshop Family Customer Community ​and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 03, 2019 0
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash, thanks for you reply. I've taken a look at that thread and it doesn't seem to answer my question as I'm referring to Apple Photos and post-migration...

Thanks,

P

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 03, 2019 0
selondon LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

If you use a Mobile device, try moving Albums on that. It’s more straightforward that Lightroom Cloud Desktop.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 04, 2019 0