• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Archiving

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can Lightroom be used to archive images long term or is it more for short term?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Kylie5FCD,

What you are describing is one of the many ways I use Lightroom myself. It can be used for archiving photos long term. However, keep in mind that these photos will live in the cloud, and as such you will need to pay for that storage for the duration of your "long term" archive. So long as you are OK with paying for this during the time of your archiving, it would work well.

However, I would suggest you also look at and assess the use of local storage systems (NAS, External Hard Drive, etc.) if archiving is the only reason you are looking at LR. LR, and it's accompanying creative cloud subscription, is a very powerful tool for editing and syncing your photos, so some of that power would go in-used if your only use case is as a storage system for archiving.

I hope this helps and please don't hesitate to post additional questions in the event I mis-understood your question.

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines