Are Mobile LR files and desktop LR counted added together for Cloud storage

Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 5.8GB on my LR desktop library and 4.1GB in Lightroom Mobile for the iPad for an approximate total of 10.1GB  according to the Cloud, which is about right if the same files are being counted twice. But, why is Adobe counting the same files twice? If the same LR Mobile files resident on my iPad, what's the point of having Cloud access which is supposed to save device storage space by keeping everything in the Cloud? 

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets, File sync, Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if files take separate cc storage space, they are counted separately.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But they are synced, correct? So why do they "take separate cc storage space?" If I had LR on a laptop, plus the iPad, plus the desktop, that would be 3x the storage space for the same files? That doesn't make any sense.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

re: adobe

making sense or explaining why some things are the way they are, is not my area of expertise.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines