• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto-import (watched folder) for Lightroom CC?

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2018 Dec 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know i can set a watched folder for auto import into Lightroom Classic. But what about for Lightroom CC? I'm talking about the desktop version, not the mobile version, as i want to import from a folder on my hard drive. Surely this is or will soon be a feature, right??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 27, 2018 Dec 27, 2018

There's a feature request active on the official Adobe feedback site which I guess covers this suggestion. I suggest you head over there and add your vote, though be aware that it hasn't gained much traction in the year since it was first suggested.

Feature Request: Sync local folders | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2018 Dec 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a feature request active on the official Adobe feedback site which I guess covers this suggestion. I suggest you head over there and add your vote, though be aware that it hasn't gained much traction in the year since it was first suggested.

Feature Request: Sync local folders | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2019 Jun 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot believe this feature has still not been added. Having to use a mobile app or manually import every time I want to update my library with new photos is not a solution, it's a workaround for a feature that should have been standard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2019 Aug 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realise it's not quite what you're asking for but...

I'm solving this by checking 'add to collection' in Lightroom Classic /Auto Import Settings and pointing to a collection that's synched with Lightroom CC.

Works a treat.

Apologies if I'm stating the bloody obvious but I'm sure someone will find it useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2019 Sep 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find that I must check the Add to Collection checkbox in the Auto Import Settings dialog EVERY TIME I plan to use Auto Import. That one setting doesn't stick. Is there something I'm missing in order to make that checkbox stick? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd prefer to not have Lightroom Classic as a "middleman". I have had a lot of trouble with Lightroom Classic catalogs staying uncorrupted, plus it adds an additional step that is undesirable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How has this feature not gained more traction in the feature requests? Surely I'm not the only one who desires a hands-off approach to this? Am I missing something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I TOTALLY agree with you. I dont use Lightroom CC because I cannot auto import.  Im fine with Classic but CC looks a little simpler for the kind of stuff I do for getting pictures ready for ebay/amazon/shopify.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd really like this feature too, in order to actually use LRCC in my workflow. I shoot tethered on a laptop but undertake all post on my main pc. I have LRCC on both and would appreciate the ability to work on them with LRCC. At the moment, I have to auto-import on the laptop then export to a removeble drive to get the images to my post processing pc with Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines