• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Back-up Lightroom CC Files Stored on cloud

Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, when I first starting using Lightroom, I opted for Lightroom CC and paid for the extra storage. My practice has been uploaded photos to Lightroom CC and storing them there. Now after learning a little more, I want to just use Lightroom Classic and back-up my photos on an external drive. 

How do I back-up my whole Lightroom CC catalog? 

I've gone to Preferences and checked Store Originals on ____ and after doing that, only like 600 of my photos are on my external hard drive. 

How can I back this up? It is soooooo frustrating that I can't find an actual solution.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no Lightroom CC anymore. The cloud version is now simply named Lightroom. If you chose the option to store a copy locally when using Lightroom, then you can create a backup of those images. However, there is no other way to create a backup of the Lightroom catalog that I know of.

There is a downloader application that you can get that will enable you to download all the images that you have on the cloud application if that would help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would help. Where's the downloader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One way would be to turn sync on in Classic.

This will download your cloud photos to the folder that is designated in Classic’s Preferences, keeping all the edits etc.

The only trouble is that you would have to reorganise your folder structure with Classic if so desired.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would also work. I will look into this. And yeah, that would take some time to do some re-organizing, but I think it will be worth it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For an alternative to allowing Lr-Classic to sync files there is the Downloader App.

The Downloader App can be found here.

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/lightroom-cc/kb/download-lightroom-photos.html

I have not used to know if it re-creates 'Dated' folders (as photos are arranged in the Cloud Albums)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines