Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Backing up Catalog

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2020 Feb 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've been searching for a while, on how to backup my lightroom catalog (I believe this has my edits - photo adjustments).

I need to reformat my computer and I didn't want to lose my work.

Every article I see is on how to back up Lightroom Classic.  For this version, I have no clue on how to do this.  The options seem to all be simplified in the new version and I see no reference to "catalog" anywhere.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 22, 2020 Feb 22, 2020

You can't. The catalogue is in the cloud and presumably Adobe have backups for the service, but there's nothing that you as a user can backup and restore.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 22, 2020 Feb 22, 2020

Just start Lightroom after the computer reformat, log in, and your library will be reconstructed from the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't. The catalogue is in the cloud and presumably Adobe have backups for the service, but there's nothing that you as a user can backup and restore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply, this seems to be the concensus.

Not really happy with this - I like the idea of having local backups of data, in the case I make a mistake - or if the cloud repository is hacked (happens alot lately!)

Anyways thanks for the answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just start Lightroom after the computer reformat, log in, and your library will be reconstructed from the cloud.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines