Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Backup cloudy lightroom WIN

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

there are several topics like this but no clear answer.

Is there a way (API, whatever) beside "local copy" to download the database with pictures saved in cloudy lightroom?

My issue:

I am not using lightroom cc.

I have 123 GB of photos in cloudy lightroom ("only" the family-database).

I had a little computer (NUC) running with just lightroom installed saving local copies, as there was no other way to backup the database of cloudy lightroom. Once a year or so I made a copy of thoss local copies to  a 3.5 HDD and put this drive to the bank (Sounds crazy but a friend had his MAC and TM stolen once and his family-database was gone. Ok he had no cloud backup back then, but I hope you get the point). The little computer broke down and I am thinking of getting a new one. But before I want to be sure:

Is there still no other way to backup the database from the cloud? We all know from IT crowd: The internet is just a box and if someone drops it... just kidding. But I am not the only one with this questions. Refering to my first sentence.

Setting local copies to a USB drive and plug it in every time I start lightroom is an option, but I will forget the USB drive when going on business travel and then I am not able to work a little on the family database at night. So I do not like this option. What came in my mind is using a SD card instead...

Thanks in advance for a making-sense answer.

You may keep it nerdy, I am an IT guy and also grown up sometimes.

Kind regards,

Johannes

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?