Highlighted

Backup options: I backup to my catalog located on my Apple desktop. Are development data included?

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I backup my Lightroom Classic photos and projects to my catalog located on my Apple desktop ['saves' my work??]. Are development data included in those applicable images stored in the catalog, OR are the data stored in the Lightroom application? If that data is stored within the Lightroom application, how do I backup that development data? Although I need/want to maintain only one catalog, should I periodically backup to a copy of the catalog on a separate G drive?  (I use Time Machine, but assume it is not reliable for all of my photos.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Backup options: I backup to my catalog located on my Apple desktop. Are development data included?

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I backup my Lightroom Classic photos and projects to my catalog located on my Apple desktop ['saves' my work??]. Are development data included in those applicable images stored in the catalog, OR are the data stored in the Lightroom application? If that data is stored within the Lightroom application, how do I backup that development data? Although I need/want to maintain only one catalog, should I periodically backup to a copy of the catalog on a separate G drive?  (I use Time Machine, but assume it is not reliable for all of my photos.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 14, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom edits and other metadata (such as keywords) are stored in the catalog. Your images are not stored in Lightroom. They are stored somewhere else on your hard drive and so you must take care of image backups yourself. A Lightroom catalog backup is only a catalog backup, no images are backed up in this process.

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2019 0