• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Backup question

Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I back-up my photo's a catalog to an extern Hard disk.

What in the future with my new photo's.If I backed those up again as a catalogue , then I have a new catalogue.but i wish that all my pictures are in the same back up map on the extern HD.After a crash, for example, how can i get my photos from the external HD back to the internal drive?

kind regards.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Sounds like you are not using Lightroom CC, but Lightroom Classic CC. Making a backup of your photos by exporting them as catalog is not very effective. It's much better to let Lightroom Classic make a backup of your catalog on quit (remember that the catalog contains all the edits and other metadata, so you need backups of that), and then use a separate backup utility to backup the original images.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds like you are not using Lightroom CC, but Lightroom Classic CC. Making a backup of your photos by exporting them as catalog is not very effective. It's much better to let Lightroom Classic make a backup of your catalog on quit (remember that the catalog contains all the edits and other metadata, so you need backups of that), and then use a separate backup utility to backup the original images.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines