• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch change of Capture date - Rippling from a reference is only option

Advisor ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a lot of legacy photos that have been scanned into my collection in lightroom.  a "feature" that is causing a great inconveninece is the batch chnage of capture date.   If I select a batch of photos that all have different capture years, and try to batch set the date to one correct date, the years all ripple based on the most selected image.   I havnt found a way in lightroom to batch chnage the date reliably .  One by one will take forever.

Any suggestions inside lightroom?  Ive considered a 3rd party tool to do it, but that is not desired.

A check box to choose "ripple based on referwace date or not" would be the solution.

Curt_Wrigley_0-1591887240584.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW; Lightroom Classic has the same issue.   However; with Classic and can run an external utility to correct the dates and Lightroom classic will pick that up. 

You cant run an external utility with Lightroom cloud since the images are all in the cloud.  I tried manually chnaging date in local copies, but they are ignored by lightroom.

I guess I cant use cloud for my full image collection.   With classic at least I have a work around

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I ran into the same issue. I have lots of old photos without capture date and I want to set a capture date for hundreds of photos.

Any ideas how I can do this in Lightroom?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Seems I've solved it. I always used the filmstrip view but there I could only change the date of a single photo. Pressing G to switch to the grid view did the trick. There I can select all photos and then change the capture date of all of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines