• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch Renaming in New Lightroom

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to batch rename my filenames in the newest Lightroom. The last time I used Lightroom was years ago, and the option to batch rename is gone. There's no edit button next to the filenames in the metadata. I can only change the the date and make a title, but making a title doesn't change the filename...I'm so frustrated why they'd change it this much.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using the cloud-based "Lightroom" (starts with a dog picture), there's no batch rename or other ability to rename files. It's a different program that Adobe decided to give Lightroom's name.

The feature remains in Classic Lightroom. Maybe you're using the wrong Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are currently two versions of "Lightroom" available. It sounds very much as though you're using the cloud-based version, called simply and confusingly Lightroom, whereas you might be better using Lighroom Classic, which is the latest version of the Lightroom that you used years ago. Classic does, of course, have the batch renaming options, which are not available in the cloud-based version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines