• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best export quality for posting to the web?

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I've been googling this question for awhile, but I can't find any good answers. I'm post pics edited in Lightroom on my website, just for viewing. I've been looking at the export quality - there's a option for perctage of quality, from 100% down to 10%. I tried 80%, 50%, 20%, and 10%. Looking at the photos in preview, and posting them on my website, I can't tell a different in quality in any of them, even when zoomed in on a large monitor. The different in file size is is proportional to the percentage, so the 10% is about a tenth of the 100%. 

Is there any reason not to the 10%? Some reason I'm not thinking of that will cause problems later?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do not attach images. Embed them so that others do not have to download them to see them. Use this:

Embed screenshot.jpg

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have a read of this article: http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/jpeg-quality

It's quite old, but still relevant. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines