• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best way to display in a digital frame

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking for a good way to display photos from my library as a rotating slideshow on a small screen, something like a digital photo frame or Echo Show. I'm willing to buy a device, but not sure what to buy.

(By "rotating slideshow" I mean something like a screen saver—always on, shuffled, doesn't require explicit action to turn it back on again after the device gets used for something else.)

Of course with enough effort I can manually export and upload each picture I want displayed. But I want something automated: create a Lightroom album that contains the photos I want displayed, manually add/remove in Lightroom as needed (ideally as a Group Album so others can contribute), and then those changes are reflected in the set of photos displayed on the screen.

Any recommendations?

(Bonus question: how about a TV screen? I have an Apple TV, but unfortunately the Lightroom app doesn't seem to support Apple TV screen savers.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good question, I’d like to know this also.

I guess it would have work using a link or could you load the Android app on to one of these frames?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As best I can tell, the mobile app (testing on iPhone) has a bare-bones slideshow feature, but doesn't support shuffling or auto-play on inactivity (scrensaver style), so doesn't fit my needs.

Which means I need third-party display software, and then it's really a question about which third-party platform has the best seamless integration with Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought Apple TV was supported? Adobe is introducing more output functions via Connections. Today’s update to Lightroom 3 demonstrates the progress and more third party vendors are expected to be added. I’ve made a YouTube video which may help.

Make Wall Art, Framed Prints & Photo Books from your Lightroom Cloud Photos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An Apple TV app exists. As I said, the app cannot be used to set up a screen saver. (You can manually start/stop a sequential slidshow. Not good enough.)

Connections are a mechanism that could be used to share photos via a 3rd party service. But are you aware of any Connections to 3rd parties that would be useful to me? (Examples: sync photos with iCloud, Amazon, Google, Facebook, ...) The target platform needs to support slideshows on some digital-frame-style device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry I don’t know. I think LR3 is very much a first step; I’m sure future iterations will include more vendors and suppliers. There must be surely endless possibilities to harness our assets in the cloud!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines