Highlighted

Best ways of re-creating a VSCO Filter

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if anyone could help me.

 

I am in the process of trying to re-create a VSCO C1 filter but I keep hitting roadblocks along the way. I've been working on it for weeks and i now have a preset which is very very close but it's still not a match and it might work very similarly to the VSCO C1 filter for 90% of the images but then for the other 10% it's completely off.

 

I was wondering what the best way forward for me is here, I am nearly certain VSCO don't sell their plugins for Lightroom and if I am to re-create a filter in Lighroom should I only be focusing on using the HSL and Tone Curve or are there alot of other factors to take into consideration?

 

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
How to, Presets or profiles

Views

274

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Best ways of re-creating a VSCO Filter

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if anyone could help me.

 

I am in the process of trying to re-create a VSCO C1 filter but I keep hitting roadblocks along the way. I've been working on it for weeks and i now have a preset which is very very close but it's still not a match and it might work very similarly to the VSCO C1 filter for 90% of the images but then for the other 10% it's completely off.

 

I was wondering what the best way forward for me is here, I am nearly certain VSCO don't sell their plugins for Lightroom and if I am to re-create a filter in Lighroom should I only be focusing on using the HSL and Tone Curve or are there alot of other factors to take into consideration?

 

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
How to, Presets or profiles

Views

275

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 03, 2020 0
Jao vdL LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The VSCO profiles are probably based on a LUT (lookuptable) implemented in a camera profile. You cannot reproduce those in the Lightroom interface. To generate those, you have to first generate the LUT (can be done in Photoshop or other commercial programs) and then using camera raw in Photoshop, you can turn that into a profile that can be imported into Lightroom.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Reply
Loading...
Jan 03, 2020 0