I save my RAW photos at 600dpi JPG and import into Lightroom. Lightroom changes them to 240dpi. I haven't found a way to leave my photos at 600dpi on the Import. Is there a way to change this?
Copy link to clipboard
I have several questions:
1: Which version of Lightroom do you use?
2: Why do you 'save raw photos as jpeg' and then import them into Lightroom? Why not import the raw photo itself?
3: How do you see that Lightroom changes the ppi (not dpi)? When you export them again?
1) Version 3.2.1
2) Processed through Canon Photo Professional before processing in Lightroom.
3) When importing into Photoshop and changing photo size to display online, it shows you the DPI as 240 not the 600 I initially had it set at.
Thanks. I didn't realize I could just import the raw images into LR.
Edit in Photoshop sends a new copy to Photoshop. The default ppi setting for that is indeed 240 ppi. Remember that ppi means nothing, unless you print an image and the printer honours that setting. In practise hardly any printer does that (almost all printers look at the total number of pixels and the desired print size, and calculate the ppi based on that), so ppi is pretty much irrelevant.
By the way: the ppi is irrelevant for online display. Only the size in pixels is relevant.
1. Unsure of LR version-have just-or am installing
2. Imported from sony a77II camera-Sony input
3. I don't know-just used to importing directly from my camera's microchip inot my laptop