blank dialogue boxes especially when using Excel

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i try to use a spreadsheet to annotate information from Lightroom (usually videos but could be photos), both programs will work for a while, but then i start getting slowdowns.  the effect is that the dialogue boxes in lightroom will be blank for a long time until finally showing the message.  Additionally, if i try to edit a smart collection, i am not able to select or delete information (for example if the smart collection says Keyword Contains clothing  i will not able to delete clothing and change it to food).  in excel, i will not be able to save my file with a new name, although i can still save the file with the same name.  the only solution is to close everything and restart the computer and it will then work for a while until failing again.

This problem seems to be specifically related to lightroom and perhaps to some interaction between lightroom and MS office products, because i have no problem with having many different programs running - it is only when i add lightroom to the mix that this happens.

This is a windows 10 system with all software being auto updated.

here is an example of an empty dialogue box:

empty popup IMG-2366.JPGfilled popup IMG-2368.JPG

after a long wait, the box usually fills, but it will then continue to be slower and slower at filling/responding:

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?