• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bright Idea Gone BAD IMPORT and LR CLASSIC

Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yesterday I imported images from the SD card into LR C. everything worked. Last night I had the bright idea of cleaning up a picture files on my Mac and changed the name of the folder holding these particular images to the person's name. I don't remember what it was orignally. 

Today LR say NO FILES when I open images in develop.They are in library.  they are all on the computer in pictures and so I tried to drag them in . Tried to make a new catalog and it's only getting worse as now even in the library they are GRAY. 
I would get rid of the catalog and start over but seems I cannot do that either. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

changed the name of the folder holding these particular images

OK to do this IN THE LrC Folder Panel, but NOT in the OS FIle Browser.

Now LrC thinks your files are "Missing".

I tried to drag them in

The wrong thing to do! As you discovered LrC already has the images in the catalog database.

Tried to make a new catalog and it's only getting worse

Exactly- worse. because you have started a new empty catalog with nothing in it. (Like buying a new 'Address Note Book' and having to re-enter all your friends addresses)

I would get rid of the catalog and start over

No. DO NOT do this ( start over), instead -

Open your original 'old' catalog with the photos that are shown as 'missing', and re-connect the Catalog library previews to their new folder location that you moved them to. Follow the instructions in these links-

MISSING FILES & FOLDERS (Lightroom Queen)

MISSING FILES & FOLDERS (Adobe link)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines