Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush Effects from Photoshop to Lightroom

New Here ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Was wondering if there is a possibilty to use Photoshop brushes or Presets in Lightroom?

I would like to create a certain effect in Photoshop and use it in Lightroom as Preset.

I read https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/using/make-local-adjustments-camera-raw.html and also tried to export in Camera Raw the adjustment brush from Photoshop and import it to Lightroom. But it didn't work. It only works on the generall Settings such as Brightness, WB, sharpness.

So anyone an Idea how i can create an effect in Photoshop an use it in Lightroom as a Preset oder Brushpreset. I saw it on someones Webites that it worked, but he wont tell me how 😞 

Thanks for your help. Cheers Tom

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Basic answer- No.

Photoshop is a 'Bitmap' editor (works with pixels in a Document).

Lightroom and ACR are 'Parametric' editors that render raw data with metadata adjustments.

Brushes in Photoshop physically change pixels and can be of many different 'Brush' shapes.

Brushes in Lightroom & ACR are always 'round' (with feather) and apply a develop adjustment in metadata.

However- If you apply a Brush in ACR, then in Lightroom-Classic: [Read Metadata from File] - The Brush pin will be visible on the image in the Develop module Brush Tool.

And this Brush Adjustment could be saved in Lightroom as a Brush Preset.

And Visa versa- In Lr a save metadata [Ctrl+s] will allow a Brush pin to be visible in ACR to 'save' as a [New Local ADjustment Preset].

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines