• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Building RAF thumbnails on import very slow

Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I am struggling with a problem that I tried to ignore for a while. But after haveing tested a LR competitor software (and having seen how fast imports could be) I am frustrated about this issue. So I hope for a solution on that.

In the import dialog, for my Fuji RAF files, it takes a long time to generate the thunbnails to chosse the files to be imported. Each thumbnail takes verious seconds to generate. Let´s say, for 30 Files it may take about 2 -3 Minutes. Sometimes some of the thumbnails seem to not generate at all. But: whem I click on the single view of one file - the preview is immediately there (obviously the embedded JPG) - going back to the grid view, it still takes forever and most of the thumbnails are still gray. This makes importing almost impossible. 

I already reinstalled LR from scratch. I tried with a new catalog. Issue always the same.

Any ideas or recommendations on that? 

MacbookPro Late 2016, BigSur

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is concerning LR Classic, 10.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry - please move to LR Classic Group. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No reaction???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines