• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bulk adding folders to Lightroom on Mac

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have about a couple of thousand photos organized in folders (year/quarter/month/even) on my external harddrive - is there a way of bulk adding all those folders to lightroom (not classic) on my mac? Idealliy I just drag and drop all folders into Lightroom and it will preserve the folder structure.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First know that Lightroom (the cloud based version) will Import and 'send' your photos to Cloud storage.

Your photos are automatically organized by the date they were captured. You can also choose to group specific photos into albums.

So- folder structure is not preserved.

For more detailed info I suggest you read the free Lightroom CC Quick Start Guide that is available from-

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/blog/

COMPARE LR & LR-CLASSIC (Lr Queen)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom organizes images differently than you organize them on your Mac. You cannot duplicate the folder structure. They will be organized by date. Then you can organize them in albums by subject within Lighhtroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks both for answering - total lack of knowledge on my end it seems, all clear now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines