• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cache Location

Engaged ,
Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I change the Cache Location for LRCC?  I found how to change the backup Location but have not seen how to change the Cache location. The default Location is some place on the C Drive (for Win10).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

The cache uses a system file. It is managed intelligently to minimize storage space and use the minimum footprint on mobile devices. Once originals are synced to the cloud and are no longer being edited, they automatically drop out of the cache. 

Within Lr CC go to Edit >> Preferences to find the location on your C drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The cache uses a system file. It is managed intelligently to minimize storage space and use the minimum footprint on mobile devices. Once originals are synced to the cloud and are no longer being edited, they automatically drop out of the cache. 

Within Lr CC go to Edit >> Preferences to find the location on your C drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have seen the location. I just like to control it. Certainly, all these programs smartly manage their cache, like

Adobe PremiereElements, PremierePro, PhotoShop, LightRoom CCCL (Video & Photo differently), Lightroom CC...

And they do it all in separate places. (not to mention non-Adobe apps like DXO:Photolab and others

So, I just like to have control while my valuable C:SSD storage space gets eaten away faster than I can watch it....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Was this ever resolved? I would like to change the default Cache location from my C: to another default drive that does have the space required for caching.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines