Highlighted

Can anybody tell me why my brush doesn't work anymore?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the new Lightroom 2.4.1. (I wish it had a distinctive name, but so far I can't find one. It's the cloud based version.) Anyway, my brush was working fine, and suddenly it doesn't work at all. I've watched a million tutorials, I've tried many things on different pictures, I've gone over and over the settings. I can change the size of the brush, it shows the area being brushed (turns it a soft red), and then when I use the sliders absolutely nothing happens. I've restarted everything. I have Feather at 50, Flow at 80, Denisty at 100. (Although it doesn't matter what I have any of these set to.) This is terribly frustrating! HELP! THANK YOU!

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can anybody tell me why my brush doesn't work anymore?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the new Lightroom 2.4.1. (I wish it had a distinctive name, but so far I can't find one. It's the cloud based version.) Anyway, my brush was working fine, and suddenly it doesn't work at all. I've watched a million tutorials, I've tried many things on different pictures, I've gone over and over the settings. I can change the size of the brush, it shows the area being brushed (turns it a soft red), and then when I use the sliders absolutely nothing happens. I've restarted everything. I have Feather at 50, Flow at 80, Denisty at 100. (Although it doesn't matter what I have any of these set to.) This is terribly frustrating! HELP! THANK YOU!

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the area you brush turns red, then you have the Mask Overlay turned on. That means you see the mask that you brush, not the effect. Press the 'O' key to turn it off.

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines