Highlighted

Can I Batch Sync Choosing Transform AND the Update Button?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Adobe subscription-- and use Lightroom on my Mac.

When I upload new photos-- I always sync all the new uploads in one batch. I apply a variety of “Develop” adjustments, including Transform—I always select the auto tab in the Transform panel, and I do select the "Update" buttopn to further adjusts the perspective.

After the batch sync is completed, I continue to make adjustments for each image individually in the Develop module.

At that point, when I look at the Transform panel, I see a highlighted “Update” button that appears to the right of upright. Even though I selected that Update button before I did the batch sync, it only seems to have applied to the first photo of the batch.

My question: I can 't find a way to sync the "update" button for the entire batch when I do my initial sync. It seems I have to individually "update" each image. Is there a way to batch sync my images with the "update" button?

Thank you,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can I Batch Sync Choosing Transform AND the Update Button?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Adobe subscription-- and use Lightroom on my Mac.

When I upload new photos-- I always sync all the new uploads in one batch. I apply a variety of “Develop” adjustments, including Transform—I always select the auto tab in the Transform panel, and I do select the "Update" buttopn to further adjusts the perspective.

After the batch sync is completed, I continue to make adjustments for each image individually in the Develop module.

At that point, when I look at the Transform panel, I see a highlighted “Update” button that appears to the right of upright. Even though I selected that Update button before I did the batch sync, it only seems to have applied to the first photo of the batch.

My question: I can 't find a way to sync the "update" button for the entire batch when I do my initial sync. It seems I have to individually "update" each image. Is there a way to batch sync my images with the "update" button?

Thank you,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 20, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is just my opinion, which isn't worth much. Those Transform adjustments seem to me to be very specific and "probably" would be adjustments that would be generally be applied to a batch of images because they are so unique. If you have such an adjustment that would be applied to multiple images, you could adjust the first one and then move to subsequent images and use the Previous option. Or, perhaps I'm not looking at the situation properly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jim Hess.

What you say about "update" being a unique and perhaps one at a time adjustment makes some sense..... and maybe that's why it can't be done. I often, I take a lot of photos of one scene and that was why I wanted to batch sync them.

I thought "previous" was like "revert"-- meaning to take away an edit....so I'm not sure how I could use it to add the Update adjustment.

I appreciate your help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you move to the next image and click on the Previous button, it will apply the adjustments made to the previous image to the highlighted image. In your particular case, you might consider just doing the Transform adjustment and then moving ahead to each additional image that means that single adjustment because hitting the Previous button will apply all adjustments on the previous image to the highlighted image. Do a little experimenting, it might work for you and it might not.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2019 0
doublezd LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh-- I got it. Thanks so much Jim.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2019 0