• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I run an old Adobe software on a brand new Imac?

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Wanted to upgrade to a new imac(mid 2020) and buy from ebay an older version of LR and PS.

I'd heard that newer computers can use older softwares, but not always the new software works on an older computer.

Adobe says I cant buy those older authentic softwares from eBay because of the 32 bit operating system compared to the 64 bit.

Has anyone done this successfully? Or any other thoughts?

Thanks a bunch!

A.H.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe are correct- 'Old' versions will not install in new Mac OS (Catalina, Big Sur).

Adobe does not sell 'old' versions. Only subscriptions via the Creative Cloud.

If you buy from eBay, or similar, you are likely buying illegal, malware infested software.

Even if you could buy legitimate copies- the previous owner must transfer ownership legally through Adobe, and most 'old' versions can no longer be 'Activated' and so will not work!

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines