• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I run lightroom cc on a surface pro x?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.  Adobe promised to work on a 32bit version of cc for this specific surface pro x, has that happened? If so does it work? Thanks. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Minimum System requirements for Cloud Programs... scroll down and check each program
-http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! So they have not yet delivered on their promise?

Regards
Martyn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say CC do you mean the Cloud Centric version of LR? The newer version called just Lightroom and not LR Classic?

LR Classic will never run on that new MS Surface Pro X. Maybe in the future with the Surface Pro X 4. Who knows.

I have no idea what Adobe is planning on doing.

Can you point to, post a link, where they said they will update, create a new version of the Cloud Centric LR version to specifically run on a MS Surface Pro X?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

the press coverage of the microsoft launch for surface X had adobe on the platform and they said they would be updating 

https://www.theverge.com/2019/10/2/20894756/microsoft-surface-adobe-creative-cloud-cc-pro-x-arm-wind...

https://www.theverge.com/2019/11/5/20948092/microsoft-surface-pro-x-review-arm-windows-10-apps-featu...

sounds like it is not a good idea to buy one of these...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really? Did you read any of that announcement,webpage?

Quotes:

Fresco will be able to run on it but no mention of any other Adobe apps.

Unfortunately, Belsky didn’t offer any more details about which Adobe Creative Cloud apps could be coming to the Surface Pro X next, but the company is already hard at work on bringing “real Photoshop” to another ARM-based device, the iPad.

[And]

The iPadOS version of the app [Fresco] is yet to be officially released, but Adobe clearly sees ARM-based devices as an important part of its future.

Belsky said that Fresco will be coming to the Surface “very soon,” but didn’t offer an exact release date.

End Quotes:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But thanks for the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The second link was even more telling. 

Quote:

It’s a computer built for a world that doesn’t exist — and I don’t know if I can add “yet” to the end of that sentence.

End Quote:

$1700+ for something that doesn't do what I need to do on a daily basis.

I'll wait for the SPX #4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks - another case of two behemoths promising the world an integrated super smooth bunch of options and then not following up. I will pass on this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines