• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can LR CC Mobile read photos on SD card in USBc reader (using android tablet)?

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2018 Dec 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've plugged my camera SD card in a USBc card reader into my android tablet. I can't get LR CC mobile to see the card/display my photos. Any solutions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to first import the images into whatever the Photos app is on your Android tablet. I use an iPad, so I am not sure what to call it on an Android. Bottom line is that the images have to be on the device, not the SD card before Lr CC mobile can see them. After you import the images from the device into Lightroom, and everything shows as fully synced to the cloud, you can delete the images from the device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I'm looking for an app that'll read on the SD card. I don't want to download pix, just view them on the card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Photos app on an iPad will view the images on a card. I’m surprised your Android won’t do the same with a built in app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I´ve been using ES filewiever wich has worked for me... quite a bit fiddly though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines