• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can no longer export when offline on Android

Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have all my synced images stored locally so I can work on them when out and about etc. 

Recently I can't export them without it failing and saying I've disabled cellular synching, even though it should be stored locally. 

Is anyone else experiencing this? 

It was great being able to show clients previews quickly. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's working OK when I just tried it, so how have you stored the images locally? Presumably album by album, so in the main albums list you see the small blue icon at the bottom right of the album's thumbnail?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah. Everything is stored locally and all albums are stored locally. 

It worked for me before, but now it won't do it without wifi/cellular enabled. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you try another export while offline, but first change the Dimensions in the Export settings to "Small (2048px)". If that works, I suspect what might be happening is that storing an album locally appears to only initially download smart previews no matter if the "Only Download Smart Previews" option is not enabled. You can check that on a per image basis by tapping on the circle icon next to the sharing icon, it will tell you what you have got stored on the device, i.e. original or smart preview. In that case, the export should work if the export dimensions are less than or equal to the smart preview size (which is 2560px on the long edge).

Let me know if that works and I'll try to seek clarification from Adobe, as there are a couple of unexpected things happening here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. 

Interestingly that worked. 

Save to device - no go 

Export highest available - no go

Small - works 

It previously worked for all of them, but many of the photos have been re-synced since then. 

For me, the small option is enough for on the go. 

Thanks a ton

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason why it used to work is that prior to version 5.0 was released a month or so ago, the export option was limited to what was essentially the current "Small" option, i.e. the export dimensions were always less than the Smart Preview dimensions, so the export would work without access to the full-sized original. Now, however, there are many more export options available, and I guess the default size for Jpegs is "Largest Available Dimensions" which in most cases would be larger than the Smart Preview size....which in turn means that the original would need to be downloaded, and it looks as though there's a bug here in that the original is NOT being downloaded when "Only Download Smart Previews" is unchecked. Hence the problem you've run into, and why changing the export size to "Small" is working.

I'll report the issue to Adobe, hopefully they'll get it fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I thought I had replied to this post. My apologies. 

This solved the issue and was extremely helpful at the time. 

Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines