Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't access all DNG images in Lr CC mobile

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have thousands of images on my iphone (DNG shot with Lr). The other day I went in Lightroom CC on my PC and deleted 600 images, on purpose, however, it then synced with my iphone and I was left with a only a fraction of the images not deleted.

Nevermind my useless workflow. How do I access the rest of the images? I assume that they are still on my iphone, only not visible in Lr.

Somewhere on this forum, in a thread I can't find atm, I saw a possible solution. Downloading all Lr files to local using iTunes. Tried that but it didn't work on any computer (mac and PC). It starts downloading but always craches.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting from any part of the Lightroom Cloud Ecosystem (Desktop, Mobile and Web) will delete photos from the Cloud and thus across all clients.

Deleted photos can be restored via Lightroom Web:

https://laurashoe.com/2019/05/14/whats-new-in-cloud-based-lightroom-desktop-mobile-and-web-may-2019/...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, and that was the point with deleting from the PC. The issue is the thousands of other images that disappeared.

In Lightroom web I can see the 600-or-so images I deleted. Now where are the ones I didn't delete?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep sorry, I mistook your post.

Do you recall ever seeing these missing photos in the Cloud?  Did they definitely sync from iPhone?
I'm guessing they are not in the LR Camera Photos folder on the Mobile? (You would still see them in All Photos anyway)

Could they have been deleted via Classic, if you use that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for being unclear. It's hard for me to explain since I don't know the mechanics behind this.

Yes. Before the day I deleted the 600 files I could see all my files on iphone and desktop. The reason I stopped deleting at 600 was that all images weren't visible on desktop. When it then synced my deletion of the files, it also synced the "incomplete view set", so to speak. Never used Classic.

Also, I just discovered while trying to download all the Lr files through iTunes, that before the download crashes (and delete the lot  locally), there was some of my missing files in that download. I'm pretty sure the rest is still on there too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines