• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't add or save photos

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday, after uploading photos into Lightroom CC, I edited some of my photos and tried to save them to my computer (as I usually do). I realized that none of my photos (edited or unedited) were saving. I contacted customer support through chat, and I allowed them to access my Mac remotely in order to fix the issue. After an hour of remote access, the chat had an 'error' and closed before the issue could be fixed. Today, I've tried everything I can think of to fix it, and then I found that I can't even add photos to LR anymore. It now says "error while checking disk space" when I try to import photos, and I still cannot save any of my photos. I don't have the option to contact them through chat, so I am hoping someone here can help. Thank you in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Salemc,

Sorry to hear that, when you import images into Lightroom CC, it first makes a local copy of all the files and then starts uploading them. It does this because uploading can take a really long time on the majority of internet connections (most people have really slow upload speed contrary to their download speed) and they don't want access to the images to upload to be impossible during the upload period. Bottom line is that unfortunately for this initial step you still need a large internal hard disk.

Could you please let us know how much free space is left on your drive?
Have you tried freeing up some space and see if it helps?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the very same problem, the free disk space is 88,78 GB (4,6 GB purgeable), I'm tryin to import ~100 jpegs (3-4MB each).. so very tiny amount. But the message does not tell that I would have not enough of free space, but that the app has problem checking how much free space i have...

maybe interesting info: I do have macOS Catalina ... couldn't this os have some special security stuff which would prevent LR to do the check?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have the exact same issue. I have only just downloaded and installed Lightroom from the mac app store, but just like the person in the previous message @janj6887504 i am running catalina, and am also wondering whether this itself is the issue. Any help at all? I will be uninstalling pretty soon otherwise, i don't want to pay £9.99 a month for a piece of useless software!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same on macOS Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also experiencing the same issues with macOS Catalina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2019 Aug 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I'm experiencing the same problem and yes I'm using Cataline BUT I find a way around this problem: I'm using the Ligthroom app on my iPhone and I upload files from the iCloudDrive.

I can then open Lightroom on my iMac27 and all the files are available.

While we are waiting for a fix I'm sharing my workaround,

David.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2019 Aug 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This workaround works great! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, but am running Mojave. Only trying to add 12 photos around ~80mb total. I have over a 100gb free on my internal SSD, which is where Lightroom is checking. It's like the "checking free space on disk" is crashing or something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also using Catalina, I was getting this same error until I updated Lightroom. No more problems so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how did you update it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you update it ? when i go to updates it says im up to date but i an running 2.1 and rthe current version is  2.4 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2019 Oct 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with Lightroom CC (2.4.1) but with Mojave. It worked fine for a few weeks, now i can't import images any more. Adobe please give use a quick fix of this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone got the answers to this ??? :sos_button: 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Plenty of HD space. Adobe what is going on? We need an answer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes we do I'm seriously fed up! My photos will not work properly now and as a photographer I'm so frustrated 😞😞 no light room and photos error 😡

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've talked to the support for hours about this problem. They tried different things but couldn't solve the problem. They've told me i should update to macOS Catalina which is not an option for me. 

They gave me a work arround. If you sign in as guest user on your mac and use Lightroom it should work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Catalina is my problem. All was fine before. It's driving me mad. Cannot upload to light room- spoke to Apple and said light room needs updating ?? My photos on Mac hasn't worked properly but no answers to that. Ive got new Mac book pro coming this week and been told to request it comes without Catalina! Nightmare knowing what to do 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it's Catalina which is the problem. Lightroom will not work with Catalina, Apple have told me this. If you have mojavac (whatever it is) then keep it. I'm just waiting for new Mac Pro and if it comes with Catalina they are getting it straight back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding to the crowd - I'm experiencing exactly the same issue, rendering photo management through Lightroom almost useless. What's difficult to comprehend is that I have yet to hear and read an official statement from Adobe on this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. 15 months later and I am also still experiencing this issue with Catalina. The workaround with the phone app works for me too. I guess "while we wait" for an actual fix, 2,4 k people that are watching this issue can use it.

At least I managed to unsubscribe before you renewed an annual contract for your useless service automatically this time. Not happy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you all work around this problem? Some of you posted almost a year ago. Did you switch to a Lightroom competitor? Which? 

I can't figure out what you do with the phone to make it work. My camera can't be connected to my phone... 

Getting my photos edited is time sensitive and this is stressing me out. Please help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot save edited photos.

To save an edited photo, I click file and save as. 

On my document file holder, I enter file name and file type such as PNG or Jpeg.

I click save.

It alwasy come up a warning message.

c:\..........

file name not found.

Please check your fild name.

Why it keep showing file name not found, and would not let me save

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Salemc,

I found a workaround! I just picked up a 2020 iMac 27" which is running macOS Catalina. I was having all of the same problems you listed. I couldn't import anything because the program was "checking free disk space."

So, the solution that I found requires you to change where original photos are being stored on your local hard drive.

By default, Lightroom will save original photos to a specific folder under your User > Pictures folder.

In Lightroom, to to Preferences > Local Storage > and where it says "Storage location for originals" click "Browse"

In the pop up, you will be taken to your pictures folder. Create a new folder within your Pictures folder and name it "Lightroom Original Photos" and click Choose.

From here you should be good to go! All of my photos now import and I can continue to manage everything through Lightroom.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Trevor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines