Highlighted

Can't arrange images in albums by hand anymore?

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To create a photo book in Lightroom (on the MB Pro), I would like to put the images of a large album in a senible order. I'd just like to move the images in the album by myself. But in contrast to Lightroom Classic, this doesn't seem to be possible anymore or can someone help me?
Is there a tutorial for a good workflow for preparing photo books in LR (not Classic - in this it worked fine)?
Meanwhile I regret the change to LR Mobile/CC (in the course of the purchase of an iPad Pro) and will soon change something, if the features are not soon as good as they were in Classic.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't arrange images in albums by hand anymore?

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To create a photo book in Lightroom (on the MB Pro), I would like to put the images of a large album in a senible order. I'd just like to move the images in the album by myself. But in contrast to Lightroom Classic, this doesn't seem to be possible anymore or can someone help me?
Is there a tutorial for a good workflow for preparing photo books in LR (not Classic - in this it worked fine)?
Meanwhile I regret the change to LR Mobile/CC (in the course of the purchase of an iPad Pro) and will soon change something, if the features are not soon as good as they were in Classic.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 01, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand what you are trying to do. There isn't the capability to create a book in Lightroom. That capability is only possible in Lightroom Classic.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's pretty poor. The lack of a photo book application is very annoying. But it's completely incomprehensible to me that you can't make a user-defined image order within the albums like in Classic. I regret the change from Classic and will look for an alternative.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2019 0
Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The cloud version does not have all the capabilities that Lightroom Classic has. It is new (at least much newer than Lightroom Classic) and is evolving. Whether it will have the capabilities you are seeking in the future is something that only Adobe knows. As far as Adobe products are concerned, Lightroom Classic IS the alternative for the time being. If that isn't a suitable choice then I suppose you will have to look elsewhere for something that is. I'm sorry that you are disappointed. I'm just another user like yourself, so I cannot speak officially for the Adobe company.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your open words. LR6 was a good combination of RAW converter and image management, probably I'll just migrate back again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2019 0
JimHess LATEST
Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are paying for a subscription for Lightroom, you might consider going to the application manager and installing Classic. It is included in the Photography Plan. Classic has all the features Lightroom 6 had and more.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2019 0