• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lightroom Desktop Keeps saying 'Unable to Connect to Network'

LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to switch to Lightroom CC but I keep getting 'Unable to Connect to Network' in sync status. If I restart the application it might work for 50-60 photos and then returns to this error message. I'm trying to sync ~12K mobile photos before another 40K RAW images so obviously need to be able to let this run in the background and over night. Have tried restarting the computer as well to no luck.

Any other suggestions on what I can try?

Setup 

• Home computer
  • Windows 10 Desktop
  • Wifi Connection (verified internet is working)
  • Selected option to store original files on a NAS (synology, used a mapped drive)

Lightroom version: 3.0 [ 20191017-0835-b386176 ] (Oct 17 2019)
NGL Version: 1.11.0.8
Operating system: Windows 10
OS Version: 10.0 [18362]
Application architecture: x64
System architecture: x64
Computer model: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. X570 AORUS PRO WIFI / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor             
Logical processor count: 16
Processor speed: 3.5 GHz
Built-in memory: 32717.1 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 32717.1 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 940.1 MB (2.8%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 1770.9 MB
Memory cache size: 1752.1 MB
Internal Camera Raw version: 12.0 [ 321 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 9
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 0MB / 16358MB (0%)
Camera Raw real memory: 0MB / 32717MB (0%)
System DPI setting: 144 DPI (high DPI mode)
Desktop composition enabled: Yes
Displays: 1) 3840x2160
Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info: DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER (26.21.14.3170) - 8 GB
Graphics Processor Detail: loaded: Yes, supported: Yes, compute: Yes, init: I4_GPU3, hard: success, soft: success, wl: Yes, bl: No
OS Media Capability: true

Application folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom CC
Settings Folder: C:\Users\adam\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom CC

-Adam

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Greetings,

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products were officially released on 10.20.2020 that include fixes for this issue. Please install the most recent update and confirm that your issue is now fixed. Please let us know if you encounter any issues.

Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Additional fixes for this issue have been deployed over the past several releases. If you are experiencing this issue, we recommend your starting a new thread with fresh information. We are marking this thread as completed. 

Thanks for your help. 

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 218 Replies 218
218 Comments
LEGEND ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. That at least answers what on earth a NAS is, for that I am truly grateful for your reply ☺️

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. I have not set up any local backup

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do we have any kind of resolution on this?  Except of course, dumping Adobe and going to one of the competitors.  As a professional photographer - how can i function with hours spent on trying to debug the import process.  I never have this issue going straight to ipad from camera (and I just really don't have my system set up to function that way).

thanks!

-barb 

@thebarbshow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typically these are firewall issues or simple bad wifi issues indeed but if you are not running any firewalls (not even on your router?) and you are convinced your network is reliable (few are!) that's likely not it. What I have noticed though is that Lightroom Cloudy really likes an ipv6 connection active. Make sure that is set up on your machine (usually the case automatically but you can check if it has an ipv6 address in your networking control panel) and your router is setup to transport ipv6 connections. This is sometimes not trivial and most ISPs that come set up your networking equipment annoyingly leave it off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, mine is on an external SSD Samsumg T5. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Just Shoot Me.  I don't think checking the box is the answer.

I am having the same issue with Windows 10 Desktop and LR CC 3.4 (also confirmed all of this back to 3.2) and I can confirm I have the "Prevent system sleep during sync while connected to power" checked (I have also experienced this issue with the box unchecked).  I can also confirm that my computer is not sleeping (I am actively using it) when my connection to the network is broken.  I can also confirm that I still have internet connectivity.  At the moment it seems like a pretty random issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom keeps loosing its network connexion. 
I checked every settings. 
It's the only app or website that has this issue. 
It shuts down any import, export or loading running, which means hours lost and big big big frustration. 
I'm using Lightroom for more than a month now and I'm clearly not satisfied. 
The connexion is far from what we can expect from such a reference ... 
So disappointed and frustrated ... 
This happens soooooo often ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug is driving me crazy.... Ill open my mac and start editing photos. Just to relize something is a bit "off". Then I see the "Unable to connect to network" bug and the program wont even quit. So I have to force quit it evey time and it deletes my edit! Going to call adobe now. Getting real frustrating to have hundreds of photos never back up and having to re edit photos many times. Add onto the fact that this is very expensive softwhere and all of it is horribly buggy...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar problem here, not using NAS, not behind corporate firewall, undeniably have access to Photoshop.com because I'm typing this reply from the computer running Lightroom. Running the latest version "Up to date" according to creative cloud software.

• BUILD: 20200804-0825-1542eef
  • VERSION: 3.4
  • getOS: MacOSX
  • getOSVersion: 10.15.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, same with me. Have thought it is fixed, but it was not fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is not a firewall or sleep issue.  I have the same issue on my iMac which never sleeps.

After a period of "non-use", Adobe Lightroom seems to get "logged off".  This can happen in as little over an hour of "non-use".  If there was a quick way that you could force a login back to the cloud, it would at least provide a workaround.

Instead, you have to restart Lightroom to re-establish connection to the cloud.  I've lost edits several times on account of this.

I guess the only true workaround is: make sure you are logged into the Adobe cloud every time you sit down to edit.

btw, this bug seems recent (like the last month or so).

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also this issue. I use Lightroom CC on both Windows 10 and my Mac. After starting Lightroom it will start the sync process which will run fine for about 5-10 minutes and then it stops with the message Unable to connect to network...

If I restart Lightroom it works fin again for 5-10 minutes and then again it stops the sync.

It makes the software package unusable for me as I want to retain my library locally and in the Adobe cloud.

At first I thought it might have to do with my ISP blocking the traffice since Lightroom generates a lot of traffic, so I set up a VPN hoping that would solve it, but no, it still occurs every time, so it is not my ISP.

Also the rest of the computer never has any connections issues when Lightroom reports network issues, so it is really related to the Lightroom software, as I have no anti-virus or other software installed, so a clean Windows 10 machine and for my Mac idem ditto.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had many times issues “Unable to connect to network. Just out of the blue the issue just reappeared - it is really frustrating to wait every time I open an image for the connection to be reestablished.

My internet connections is very good, I have not changed any network configurations. When I put cursor to the cloud icon and wait for several seconds then connection will be reestablished and i can do some operations. However when I start editing the connection drops again and all slows down.  I have completely resinstalled Lightroom CC, deleted the whole library and redownloaded everything.

I hope that Adobe team has noticed this issue and is working hard to figure out how to build this awesome service to be reliable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You aren't alone! Same here, I thought I was going crazy. I am currently sitting on 3 edited photos that I am going to end up losing when I have to FORCE QUIT LIGHTROOM. Sitting there spinning right now unable to connect to network, yet here I am writing this... how strange. This has got to be a sleep issue where Lightroom times out trying to reconnect to the cloud and gives up, then when you wake up your computer it never reconnects. This also seems to be recient, probably within the last 3 months. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sam problem here.. Thanls to Time Machine I managed to find an almost fully edited photo in the temporary files.. but it contienues to happen... I somtimes work hours and hours on one photo.. losing all the work is unacceptable from an expensive software like LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
When I try to open lightroom I get this message "can't connect to server" - to this message I can only press 'ok' and then lightroom shuts down.

It's slightly frustrating, as I need to work on some images...

Has anyone else had this issue?

Has anyone found a way to fix this?

Best regards,
Martin

{Edited the thread title by the moderator}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry for the "Can't connect to the server" error. Which Lightroom version do you have installed? Could you please sign out and sign in from the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop app and check if that helps.

Also, take a look at the following feedback link and try the offered suggestions: https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-desktop-cloudbased/lightroom-desktop-no-netwo...

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohit,
I tried to sign out and in again, without luck.

I have tested the four steps below - all seems to be fine

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html

1. Test your connection to Adobe activation servers.
  2. Reset your hosts file.
  3. Make sure that you can access secure sites.
  4. Check the GlobalSign Root CA certificate.

I also tried to download lightroom classic, it works - however, I'd like to get the cc version back on track 🙂

Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue with Windows 10.  This is on start up of the program.  Unable to connect to network.  The internet works just fine.   Adobe Lightroom just cannot access the clould.  I pay a lot of money per month for this service and it should work as stated without having to jump through hoops.  Adobe, you need to address this issue internally.  This is YOUR issue, not a local one if SO many people are experiencing the same thing at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this exact same issue.  I sat on hold with adobe for 40 minutes, only to get disconnectected and then worked online with someone, only to be told that I needed to delete all of my photos, which I cannot...then the assistant left the chat ...problem NOT resolved.  i cannot even shut down my computer. 

HELP

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me: (MacOS)

Go to System preferences
Go to Security and privacy

Go to Privacy tab

In bottom left, click lock and type in admin password. 

Click the + button and add Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem issue... 

It still run on my Android Smartphone for the app + on my pro laptop (surface)  BUT on my  FIX PC tower... I just can't run lightroom cause I have the error message every time I Launch Lightroom.. And it auto shut it down 😕 

I uninstall, reinstall, dl Adobe "fix" for this error > https://helpx.adobe.com/fr/creative-cloud/kb/error-cannot-connect-to-server.html but still not working   :'(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Same problem for me with an external 2 TB drive connected via USB3 (Windows 10 - 64 bits). It takes several minutes before it connects to the network (Vs. instantly on the web app.).

Besides, I would like to save locally the smart previews on another disk partition than C: (not enough free space left to save on C:), is there any possibiliy to do so?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what's going on? i just upgraded to a tb, syncing between my laptop on a gig connection, no problem with google file stream...adobe continuously fails. why? waste of money with adobe cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products were officially released on 10.20.2020 that include fixes for this issue. Please install the most recent update and confirm that your issue is now fixed. Please let us know if you encounter any issues.

Thank you for your patience.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate