Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't connect to the server - Lightroom

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm trying to launch Lightroom (v 4.0, Oct 7 2020) but get a 'Can't connect to server' dialog. LR closes as soon as I click OK.

Screen shot of error + System info attached.

I've tried the fixes suggested in this thread https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom/can-t-connect-to-the-server-lightroom/m-p/11451565?page=1 with no success.

The rest of my Creative Cloud seems to work ok, including syncing files to the Adobe cloud storage.

Help please!

Thanks

Fiona

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, have you found a solution? I am having the same problem its very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have managed to get it working, but only by doing a complete factory reset of my Mac Mini and reinstalling everything again from scratch - so a major pain to do, but at least it is working again.

The whole episode has made me very wary of committing to LR CC and I'm sticking to LR Classic and local / non Adobe cloud storage for now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's a terrible solution for you to have to do. I'm having the same issue on my MacBook Pro. I was using Lightroom CC on my previous MacBook Pro without an issue. I moved to a new MacBook Pro and have the exact same issue you are detailing. All of my other Creative Cloud applications work just fine. It's just Lightroom with the issue. I'm not prepared to factory reset my who laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines