Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can’t create watermark for DNG

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm really new to Lightroom and only got it for work (I work at a social media agency) and so I created a bunch of presets that we want to sell to our clients to make their job easier.

The thing is that I can't for the life of me put a watermark on the DNG file! 

I was told that I can only do it on Lightroom Classic, but when speaking to the Adobe customer service person before purchasing either the Classic or CC, they told me that in order to sell presets for Lightroom mobile, I had to get CC not Classic. So I got CC.

Now that it's time to put a watermark on it, I'm told I needed to buy Classic.... but I thought I needed to buy CC to be able to sell mobile presets..?

Anyway, I saw on the Lightroom mobile app that I can add a watermark (though not customized) but for some reason when I export it, the watermark is nowhere to be seen!

I spoke to a bunch of Adobe customer service agents and they all just say that I need Classic (ugh).

Does anyone have a solution? Even if it's using a 3rd party program? I'm not very tech savvy but I've done a lot of research online and watched a bunch of YouTube videos and nothing helps.

I hope somewhere here can help me because this is literally the only thing stopping me from completing my project at work.

Thanks in advance 

P.S 

I use a Mac (which is up to date), have an iPhone X, and my Lightroom version is 3.2.1

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A DNG file is a raw format- you cannot place a watermark on a DNG type file with any software.

(You can embed Develop settings within a DNG file as metadata. Lightroom-Mobile can read the metadata and create a Preset from the metadata.)

Instead of trying to apply a Watermark- use an image that contains text or your watermark 'Graphic'.

Create in Photoshop, Add the Preset in Lr-Classic, Export as DNG.

ScreenShot277.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your suggestions.

I can't seem to import DNG into my Photoshop, so how can I put the graphic on top of the preset and export it back into Lightroom as a DNG file when I can't save any file in Photoshop as DNG?

Sorry, I really am a newbie at this. I'm not a graphic designer or photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:

I was able to use DNG converter to get my image into Photoshop and add a graphic to it. The problem is that the image imported into Photoshop is the unedited version of my image (therefore it's not a preset). I have no idea why the DNG converter got rid of the preset because I know 100% I used the right file. 

So then when I bring it back to Lightroom and convert it to DNG, it's no longer a preset and just a DNG image because it was the unedited version to begin with. I have no idea why the edits are gone when I use the DNG converter. 

Whenever I feel close, I just get farther from the answer 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are making it too difficult!!

I only suggested making an image in Photoshop as an alternative to Watermarking. This way you could use your name and email address, etc, as a photo for you to then export the DNG from Lightroom. But you do not need or use Photoshop for the DNG. You can use any photo for your Preset purpose! See the end of this long post 🙂

I will try to explain workflow to create a DNG file that contains a Preset.

1) Edit any file in Lightroom,

You can start with any file (un-edited or reset). It can even be a very small JPG.

2) Apply the ONE Preset that you are "saving" to the image.

3) Export this image AS A DNG type file.

Done! You now have the DNG file (containing the Preset adjustments) that others can use to 'Save' the  adjustments as a Preset in their Lr-mobile.

In screen-clips:

1) Edit an Image in Lightroom-Desktop

ScreenShot283.jpg

2) Apply one Preset

ScreenShot284.jpg

3) Export the image as File Type DNG

ScreenShot285.jpg

Done! You now have the DNG file (containing the Preset adjustments) that others can use to 'Save' the  adjustments as a Preset in their Lr-mobile.

If you had Lr-Classic then you can also do the same Export as DNG-

ScreenShot292.jpg

And here is another image you can use to embed a Preset. After you apply a Preset- Export as DNG, give it a Filename (or rename) to describe the Preset that you used.

ScreenShot291.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines