• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't drag a folder/album to the top level (LRCC)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've migrated from Classic to CC and so I have a "Migrated Lightroom Catalog" folder in my Albums list. I'd like to move the folders and albums within it to the top level, but am having problems.

Normally what happens is you drag an item to the bottom of the list and blue bar appears right at the bottom, indicating you can drop the item there and it will be placed at the top level in the folder album folder hierarchy. But in some cases the blue bar doesn't appear.

UPDATE: Ok its me, I'm an idiot. The blue bar was appearing, but it was highlighting over the existing album in the list, so I ignored that thinking that was it trying to drag into the album (because that's what the blue bar highlighting folders does). 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you mean. Root has a different concept when everything is stored in the cloud. I see no problem creating parent folders e.g. by year or subject and dragging albums into such folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can create new parent folders or albums at the top level no problem, but I can't drag existing subfolders or albums to that same position.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you using the current version LR 3.2.1 ?

When dragging, the target folder/album should highlight in blue. That is the time to release the mouse button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines