• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't eliminate "disk full" error when storing originals on network volume

Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a Lightroom/Mac user trying to store my originals on a network volume. It's not a NAS, but rather another Mac on my network that I'm using as a server. This used to work, but in the last couple days has stopped—no matter how I set it up, I get an error in Lightroom saying the remote disk is full. The exact error is, "/Volumes/whatever is full. Please clear some space or change your local storage settings."

If I start with an empty disk or an empty folder on that disk, Lightroom creates the folders it needs to store the originals and then throws the error.

I have tried:

• APFS and HFS+-formatted remote volumes
  • SMB and AFP to connect
  • Two different Mac running Catalina and High Sierra
  • Multiple disks, volumes, etc.

Any idea what's going on?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experienceing the same issue on a Mac, connecting to a Synology NAS. Locally from the mac I can access the share & there's TBs of space avaliable. 

Edit: I've been able to resolve the issue by rolling back the version of Lightroom to the one prior to 3.3. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted Adobe support. This appears to be a bug in the current version of Lightroom (3.3), and they're aware of it. With luck we can expect a fix at some point. In the meantime, reverting to the previous version (3.2.1) resolved the issue.

To revert, open the Creative Cloud app, and click the overflow menu (three dots) next to the Install button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same here.  It seems like the downgrade has worked for me as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines