• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't find imported Lightroom Presets - Is there a LR Black Hole?

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased 2 sets of presets, from the same company, for lightroom CC, desktop and mobile.

I imported the first set of presets with no problem. They loaded right into their own group and are working in both desktop and mobile. I imported the second set and, even though I got the "successly imported" message in Lightroom, I can't find them anywhere.

I have gone through the incredibly tedious task of checking inside all of my preset groups, (Hey Adobe, how about a keyword search feature for Presets?) and they aren't there, in desktop or mobile. I also tried to import them 3 times, and even deleted the first download files, re-downloaded them and tried again, with no luck.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/presets-not-showing-up-in-the-lightroom-classic-aft...

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion. I checked it out but that's fro Lightroom Classic and I'm using Lightroom CC. The "button" they refer to doesn't exist (that I can see) in lightroom CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure these are presets, not profiles? If they are profiles, then you are simply looking for them in the wrong place.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for asking.

They are definitely presets. Here is one of the file names: Minimal Greys 1.xmp

Also, as I mentioned in my question, I bought a second set from this company the same day and they loaded perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That file name says nothing. Profiles are also .xmp files and they even install in the same folder on your disk. They just don't show up in the same place in Lightroom however.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, good to know. I checked the profiles and all preset groups. They aren't there. By the way, the company I bought these presets from only sell presets. This is another reason why I am sure they are presets and not profiles.

Kirk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines