Highlighted

Can't find my raws....long story

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i totally misunderstood the program. What i did for 9 month and over 5k pictures later....

Hardware: macbook pro 250gb hd + lr cc (20gb cloud)

I imported all my pictures directly from my cameras sd-card into LR cc. The cloud was full after 700 pictures and warned me, that there is no space for more. I ignored that red flag and continued importing raw files into LR cc. All the pictures are in the library now. I have full access, i can edit and export them. But, there is no space left on my macbooks HD. The problem is, i can't find the original raw files on my macbooks hd. Where are they? How can i find my raw files to transfer them to an external harddrive?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by JohanElzenga | Adobe Community Professional

To access the originals outside of Lightroom, do the following. Right-click on the Library file and choose ‘Show Package Content’. It will open as a folder (a package looks like a file but is a folder). Inside you’ll find several subfolders, including a subfolder with the original images.

If you want to keep working with Lightroom this way, you have to change the location of the originals inside Lightroom however. You can do that in the preferences.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't find my raws....long story

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i totally misunderstood the program. What i did for 9 month and over 5k pictures later....

Hardware: macbook pro 250gb hd + lr cc (20gb cloud)

I imported all my pictures directly from my cameras sd-card into LR cc. The cloud was full after 700 pictures and warned me, that there is no space for more. I ignored that red flag and continued importing raw files into LR cc. All the pictures are in the library now. I have full access, i can edit and export them. But, there is no space left on my macbooks HD. The problem is, i can't find the original raw files on my macbooks hd. Where are they? How can i find my raw files to transfer them to an external harddrive?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by JohanElzenga | Adobe Community Professional

To access the originals outside of Lightroom, do the following. Right-click on the Library file and choose ‘Show Package Content’. It will open as a folder (a package looks like a file but is a folder). Inside you’ll find several subfolders, including a subfolder with the original images.

If you want to keep working with Lightroom this way, you have to change the location of the originals inside Lightroom however. You can do that in the preferences.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 12, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 12, 2019 1
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! No, i don't want to work like this anymore. I think i'll change to the Desktop Version.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 12, 2019 0