• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can´t I make a photo book from created albums in Lightrooom?

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed from Iphoto to Adobe Lightroom as I understood it was a better program. But when I now have started to use the program, it seams like I can´t create or export my albums to a photo book. When I google it, there should be some kind om "Book module", but I can´t find any in the program. Any one have suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

LEGEND , Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Lightroom Classic has a book module. However, Lightroom does not. It is not known whether that feature will be added in a future version. I should say we users don't know whether that will be an added feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Lightroom  has a connection with Blurb to create books-

Select your photos (eg. from an Album),

Click on the Share icon,

ScreenShot174.jpg

Click on  Connections- [Blurb]

ScreenShot171.jpg

Give your Project a name (the book name)

ScreenShot173.jpg

[Continue] to the Blurb Bookwright online editor to create your book.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Unfortunately, the responsibility is on the user to determine which version is most appropriate for their purposes. Also unfortunately, users make too many assumptions that just because they want a certain version they expect that version is going to have every feature they need. There are comparison charts that can be studied prior to subscribing to determine which version has the features needed. Unfortunately, many users don't take the time to carefully compare features before making their de

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic has a book module. However, Lightroom does not. It is not known whether that feature will be added in a future version. I should say we users don't know whether that will be an added feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Then Adobe has to evaluate and develop the communications around Lightroom. When I decided to go from Iphoto to Lightroom the possibility to create books was a prioritized function. Strange decision to not included it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the responsibility is on the user to determine which version is most appropriate for their purposes. Also unfortunately, users make too many assumptions that just because they want a certain version they expect that version is going to have every feature they need. There are comparison charts that can be studied prior to subscribing to determine which version has the features needed. Unfortunately, many users don't take the time to carefully compare features before making their decision. Then they come to the user forums to express their buyer's remorse, and there really isn't anything we can do about it. The user needs to go through the process of switching plans if that will resolve the issue for them.

Unfortunately (in my opinion), all of the advertising about Lightroom emphasizes the portability of the images and the ability to edit those images on all your devices. Lightroom is an excellent tool for that. There really isn't a chart that compares the actual features in the two different versions anymore. At least when I just looked I can't find it. I regard Lightroom as a lite version of the program. After I have created an album and have done most of the major editing using LrC, I will occasionally do some minor adjustments using Lightroom. But I personally prefer LrC for my serious Lightroom editing. Others may disagree. That's just the way I look at it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"a chart that compares the actual features in the two different versions"

View a chart at the end of this page-

COMPARE LR & LR-CLASSIC (Lr Queen)

ScreenShot175.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom  has a connection with Blurb to create books-

Select your photos (eg. from an Album),

Click on the Share icon,

ScreenShot174.jpg

Click on  Connections- [Blurb]

ScreenShot171.jpg

Give your Project a name (the book name)

ScreenShot173.jpg

[Continue] to the Blurb Bookwright online editor to create your book.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is Lightroom Classic has a book module

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And Lightroom has a "Book Connection"!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines