• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't import any images from SD using preview import - "files could not be downloaded"

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a fresh install of Lightroom CC v3.2.1, on Mac OS Catalina 10.15.4.

I can't import any images from my usual SD card, if I go to add > Connected Devices > SD card and select the images from the import previewer. I can preview and select images fine, but when I click add, I get the error "These files could not be downloaded".

If I browse to the SD card folder using the "Browse" import option, they import fine.

I don't have Lightroom configured to save to a NAS or anything like that, and Lightroom has permissions to access removable media in System Preferences.

Can anyone help? This is fairly frustrating.

Despite Lightroom having permissions in System Preferences > Security > Privacy > Files & Folders, there's still a chance the problem lies here somewhere. Or its just a bug in Lightroom. I don't know!

Any help appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok I've found the problem (but not the solution).

Even though "save originals to a folder" was deselected, it was previously set to my NAS (network location). I changed this to my local computer, let Lightroom move everything to the local disk, and then the import worked. When I told Lightroom to save originals to the network folder again, the import failed. It seems my Lightroom is currently unable to write to the NAS during import, so that's the next thing I have to figure out. Strange because it moved the files over to the NAS fine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines