Highlighted

Can't import .dng presets to Lightroom CC

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying all day! It gives an error message every time. Here's the error I'm getting (see pic below).

When I go to choose the files they don't come up under "Supported File Types" (see second pic). They only show up if I choose "All File Types" (see third pic). Please help!

Capture.JPG

capture2.JPG

capture3.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't import .dng presets to Lightroom CC

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying all day! It gives an error message every time. Here's the error I'm getting (see pic below).

When I go to choose the files they don't come up under "Supported File Types" (see second pic). They only show up if I choose "All File Types" (see third pic). Please help!

Capture.JPG

capture2.JPG

capture3.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 09, 2019 0
LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only xmp files can be imported. DNG are image files which contain develop settings. Simply open one in the develop module and in the left hand presets panel click on the plus icon to save the settings as a new preset (Lr Classic only) or copy and paste the settings to an unedited image and save as a new user preset.

See this video

Profiles and Presets in Lightroom CC - YouTube

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2019 0
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay I pasted the edit settings to the new picture. How do I save it as a preset? Here's my screen:

capture4.JPG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2019 0
99jon LATEST
LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click presets at the bottom then click the more icon at the top. The video link above shows how.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2019 0